To receive the full experience please enable javascript

Reynolds Advance College Academies

Colleges & Universities

College and University Acceptances for the Class of 2016 (so far):

Christopher Newport Univ.
Clemson Univ.
Coastal Carolina Univ.
Davidson Coll.
Duke Univ.
George Mason Univ.
Grand Canyon University
Hampton Univ.
Howard Univ.
James Madison Univ.
Longwood Univ.
North Carolina Central Univ.
Northwestern Univ.
Notre Dame of Maryland Univ.
Old Dominion Univ.
Spelman Coll.
Swarthmore Coll.
Sweet Briar Coll.
Stanford Univ.
Tufts Univ.
Univ. of Mary Washington
Univ. of Maryland-Baltimore County
Univ. of North Carolina at Charlotte
Univ. of South Carolina
Univ. of Virginia
Virginia Tech
Virginia Commonwealth Univ.
Virginia Union Univ.

College and University Acceptances for the Class of 2015 :

Auburn Univ.
Christopher Newport Univ.
Claflin Univ.
Clemson Univ.
College of William and Mary
East Carolina Univ.
Eastern Mennonite Univ.
Fisk Univ.
Georgia Southern Univ.
Georgia State Univ.
George Mason Univ.
Hampton Univ.
Hollins Univ.
Howard Univ.
James Madison Univ.
Johnson C. Smith Univ.
Lynchburg Coll.
Mary Baldwin Coll.
New York University
North Carolina A&T State Univ.
North Carolina State Univ.
Old Dominion Univ.
Roanoke Coll.
Univ. of Maryland-Baltimore County
Univ. of Maryland-Eastern Shore
Univ. of Mary Washington
Univ. of Miami
Univ. of Richmond
Univ. of South Carolina
Univ. of Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth Univ.
Virginia State Univ.
Virginia Tech
Virginia Union Univ.
Virginia Wesleyan Coll.
Washington Coll. (MD)

The Caliber of Our Graduates

The Class of 2015 of the Reynolds ACA scored in the 84th percentile overall on the Educational Testing Service’s Proficiency Profile of general education outcomes, placing them in the top quintile of more than 550,000 end-of-year college sophomores at more than 500 colleges and universities across the nation.


Subject Area

ACA Students

Total Score


Critical Thinking








The Gift of Time

We know that the ACA enriches your high school experience academically and socially, by providing a way for you to excel as part of a highly motivated cohort.

While in high school…

You gain valuable experience about the behaviors and attitudes necessary to be successful in a baccalaureate program.

You are provided an opportunity to try on the role of a college student in a way that is similar to the way pre-professionals try on the role of the professional through an internship.

You enjoy the freedom to experiment in the role of the college student in a support-rich environment.

You have a network of supportive professionals from both the college and the local high school to help you navigate this role well.  

What's less obvious is how investment in the ACA in your high school years returns the dividend of time in your college years. The ACA is not designed to cut your college experience short. Most of you will still want to have a full college experience, and now you will have more options for what to accomplish with that experience. 

During your college years…

You could choose to pursue a double major, because you will have the time to pursue the extra credits and requirements of a second major within a four-year span. 

You could complete a combined Bachelors/Masters program in four years that would normally require five or six years. 

You could choose to take fewer than fifteen credits per term, leaving extra time for part-time (pre-professional) work, intercollegiate athletics, extracurricular activities, student government, internships, etc. 

You could take full advantage of global "study abroad" options or semester-long or even year-long internships. 

You could use summers normally spent catching up on credits for work or other exploration.     

You could in fact graduate early and move into the workforce a year or so earlier than your typical peers.

Whether during high school or college, how you use the ACA's gift of time is up to you.


The Facts on Admissions and Transfer

When any high school student with any form of college credit decides to attend a four-year college or university, the college or university makes three decisions about the student.

  • First, the college or university makes an admissions decision. Based on the high school record, does the student meet the admissions requirements of the college or university?
  • Second, the college or university will make a decision about the acceptance of transfer credit. This decision may be made at the admissions level or within the academic department to which the student’s major belongs.
  • Third, the college or university will make a decision about the social standing of the student. Social standing decisions vary by institution and might relate to housing or course registration windows.

All transfer decisions are made by the specific college or university to which the student has been admitted. Reynolds makes no guarantee about the transfer of the college credit students earn through participation in the ACA programs.  It is important to note that the college or university may make the decision about the transfer of college credits during the admissions process, once the student declares a major, or at some other time during the student’s enrollment at the college or university. 

Prospective ACA students should consult the transfer guides of the specific colleges or universities they wish to attend. These guides can often be found by accessing the transfer admissions portion of the college or university website. Students can also utilize the Transfer Tool of the State Council of Higher Education of Virginia (SCHEV). The tool can be found at Bear in mind that the information on the transfer tool does not constitute a formal evaluation of transfer credit or a guarantee of the transferability of courses and credits, and it is subject to change from time to time to ensure accuracy. For questions regarding the content of the transfer information, please contact the appropriate college or university.

Once enrolled in an ACA program, students should contact the specific college or university of interest, their high school counselor, their ACA career coach, or one of the career, employment, and transfer counselors at Reynolds for more information.

To request that an official transcript of your Reynolds coursework be sent to another institution, use the following form:

Some Data on Transfer

In an alumni survey of the Class of 2015 conducted in Spring, 2016, 22 of 24 responding students reported that they were able to transfer credits earned through the Reynolds ACA. Of those 22 students, seven transferred all 60 credits, 13 transferred 45-60 credits, and two transferred 30-44 credits. Two respondents attended private institutions that do not apply credits earned in high school (whether through dual enrollment, AP or IB) toward the completion of the college degree.

Of those 22 students who were able to transfer credit, 20 reported that the credits "counted as credit toward my college degree completion." 19 reported that the credits "exempted me from a required course." 17 reported that the credits "enabled me to enroll in a more advanced course." 16 reported that the credits "counted towards elective credit." Based on these multiple responses, we can surmise that for most students, the 60 credits earned through the Reynolds ACA counted in as many as four different ways, depending on major and institution.