Culinary And Hospitality
Food Service ManagementSpecialization Sequence
Food Service Management Specialization Sequence
FALL START DATE – FULL TIME SCHEDULE
|Fall (12 credits) F/T||Spring (12 credits) F/T||Summer (12 credits) F/T|
|SDV 100||HRI 235||HRI 159|
|HRI 115||HRI 255||HRI 242|
|HRI 154||BUS 111||ACC 117|
|SPA 101||MTH 120||Elective|
|Fall (12 credits) F/T||Spring (11 credits) F/T||Summer (8 credits) P/T|
|HRI 251||HRI 119||HRI 290|
|HRI 241||HRI 134||HRI 298|
|HRI 257||HRI 224||HLT 100|
SPRING START DATE – FULL TIME SCHEDULE
|Spring (12 credits) F/T||Summer (8 credits) P/T||Fall (13 credits) F/T|
|SDV 100||HRI 159||HRI 115|
|HRI 119||HRI 242||HRI 154|
|HRI 235||HLT 100||HRI 251|
|ENG 111||HRI 257|
|MTH 120||ACC 117|
|Spring (13 credits) F/T||Summer (9 credits) P/T||Fall (12 credits) F/T|
|HRI 134||HRI 298||HRI 241|
|HRI 224||HRI 290||HRI 275|
|HRI 255||Elective||BUS 111|
FALL START DATE – PART TIME SCHEDULE
|Fall (7 credits) P/T||Spring (6 credits) P/T||Summer (8 credits) P/T|
|SDV 100||HRI 115||HRI 159|
|HRI 154||HRI 119||Elective|
|ENG 111||HRI 235||HLT 100|
|Fall (9 credits) P/T||Spring (10 credits) P/T||Summer (9 credits) P/T|
|HRI 241||HRI 255||BUS 111|
|HRI 257||HRI 134||HRI 242|
|ACC 117||SPA 101||MTH 120|
|Fall (6 credits) P/T||Spring (6 credits) P/T||Summer (6 credits) P/T|
|HRI 251||HRI 224||HRI 298|
|HRI 275||HRI 290||Elective|
SPRING START DATE – PART TIME SCHEDULE
|Spring (7 credits) P/T||Summer (8 credits) P/T||Fall (10 credits) P/T|
|SDV 100||HRI 242||HRI 154|
|HRI 235||HLT 100||HRI 241|
|ENG 111||Elective||SPA 101|
|Spring (6 credits) P/T||Summer (9 credits) P/T||Fall (9 credits) P/T|
|HRI 115||HRI 159||HRI 251|
|HRI 119||MTH 120||HRI 257|
|HRI 134||Elective||BUS 111|
|Spring (6 credits) P/T||Summer (6 credits) P/T||Fall (6 credits) P/T|
|HRI 255||HRI 298||HRI 275|
|HRI 224||ACC 117||HRI 290|
- Once enrolled, students must meet with their faculty advisor. Students must register and attend a group advising session with their faculty advisor each semester to review their status towards graduation and their scheduling strategy. Chef Jesse Miller advises NEW & FIRST Semester Students, while Chef Darren Rounds advises RETURNING Students. Use this link to jump to the Advising and Admissions page.
- Courses should be taken as listed to ensure timely graduation; which is based on the Program Course Track selected. There are two full-time tracks and two part-time tracks. Personally designed tracks can be discussed with your advisor at the Group Advising Session, during the one on one break out sessions.
- Courses listed in HRI that are BOLD are designated as distance-learning only; those courses that are BOLD and are not HRI prefixes may be taken either on-campus or via distance-learning.
- This scheduling arrangement is contingent upon sufficient class sizes and freedom of class cancellations.
- The following courses are also required for graduation and may be taken any semester they are available and fit into the student’s schedule. They are listed on the Program Course tracks above; when they are suggested to be enrolled. These courses are: SDV 101 (for Culinary & Pastry Arts), ENG 111, HLT 100, MTH 120, Humanities/Fine Arts Elective, and Social/Behavioral Science Elective.
- Students who place into developmental courses are required to complete those courses prior to entry into the HRI programs. These courses include: BSK 41, ENF 1, ENF 2, BSK 1, MTE 1, and MTE 2.
- Uniforms and Toolkits are required for HRI courses and the SDV 101 course.
- Permission numbers are required for ALL HRI, SDV 101, and HLT 100 courses; must see advisor for department consent.
- The courses listed with the * are to designate the courses that are different between the three degree specializations.