Culinary And Hospitality
American Culinary Federation Apprentice Sequence
ACF Apprentice Sequence
This sequence is designed for full-time attendance, however may be completed via part-time status. Attending Group Advising Sessions will permit your advisor to ensure you are on track to graduate in the time you desire.
|Year One - Fall 2014 and after - 67 credits|
|Fall (6 credits) F/T||Spring (9 credits) F/T||Summer (7 credits) P/T|
|SDV 101||HRI 219||HRI 159|
|HRI 115||HRI 218||HRI 2X1|
|HRI 106||MTH 120||HRI 237|
|Fall (9 credits) F/T||Spring (9credits) F/T||Summer (4 credits) P/T|
|HRI 220||HRI 206||HRI 299|
|HRI 145||HRI 207||HLT 2X3|
|HRI 251||HRI 224|
|Fall (3 credits) F/T||Spring (6 credits) F/T|
|HRI 128||HRI 119|
|General Education Electives||HRI 122|
Full-time Track for students beginning in the FALL
|Year One – Fall 2014 and after – 67 Credits|
|Fall (12 credits) F/T||Spring (12 credits) F/T||Summer (10 credits) P/T|
|SDV 101||HRI 219*||HRI 159|
|HRI 115||HRI 218||HRI 226|
|HRI 106||HRI 119||HRI 237|
|ENG 111||HRI 122||Elective|
|MTH 120||HRI 128|
|Fall (12 credits) F/T||Spring (12 credits) F/T||Summer (9 credits) P/T|
|HRI 220*||HRI 134||HRI 299|
|HRI 145*||HRI 206*||HLT 100|
|HRI 251||HRI 207*||HRI 190|
|Elective||HRI 224||HRI 2X3|
Full-time Track for students beginning in the SPRING
|YEAR ONE – Fall 2014 and after – 67 Credits|
|Spring (12 credits) F/T||Summer (8 credits) P/T||Fall (15 credits) F/T|
|SDV 101||HRI 159||HRI 251|
|HRI 115||HRI 226||HRI 219*|
|HRI 106||HRI 128||HRI 218|
|HRI 119/122||HRI 220*|
|MTH 120||HRI 145*|
|Spring (12 credits) F/T||Summer (8 credits) P/T||Fall (12 credits) F/T|
|HRI 134||HRI 299||HRI 190|
|HRI 206*||HRI 237||ENG 111|
|HRI 207*||HRI 2X3||Elective|
|HRI 224||HLT 100||Elective|
Part-time Track for students beginning in the FALL
|YEAR ONE – Fall 2014 and after|
|Fall (6 credits) P/T||Spring (6 credits) P/T||Summer (7 credits) P/T|
|SDV 101||HRI 119||HRI 159|
|HRI 115||HRI 122||HRI 237|
|HRI 106||HRI 128||HLT 100|
|Fall (9 credits) P/T||Spring (9 credits) P/T||Summer (5 credits) P/T|
|HRI 219*||HRI 134||HRI 226|
|HRI 218||ENG 111||MTH 120|
|Fall (9 credits) P/T||Spring (9 credits) P/T||Summer (7 credits) P/T|
|HRI 251||HRI 224||HRI 299|
|HRI 220*||HRI 207*||HRI 190|
|HRI 145*||HRI 206*||HRI XX3|
Part-time Track for students beginning in the SPRING
|YEAR ONE – Fall 2014 and after|
|Spring (6 credits) P/T||Summer (5 credits) P/T||Fall (9 credits) P/T|
|SDV 101||HRI 237||HRI 219*|
|HRI 115||Elective||HRI 218|
|HRI 106||HRI 128|
|Spring (6 credits) P/T||Summer (8 credits) P/T||Fall (9 credits) P/T|
|HRI 119||HRI 159||HRI 220*|
|HRI 122||HRI 226||HRI 145*|
|HRI 134||MTH 120||HRI 251|
|Spring (9 credits) P/T||Summer (6 credits) P/T||Fall (9 credits) P/T|
|HRI 207*||HRI 299||HRI 190|
|HRI 206*||HRI XX3||Elective|
|HRI 224||HLT 100||ENG 111|
- Once enrolled, students must meet with their faculty advisor. Students must register and attend a group advising session with their faculty advisor each semester to review their status towards graduation and their scheduling strategy. Chef Jesse Miller advises NEW & FIRST Semester Students, while Chef Darren Rounds advises RETURNING Students. Use this link to jump to the Advising and Admissions page.
- Courses should be taken as listed to ensure timely graduation; which is based on the Program Course Track selected. There are two full-time tracks and two part-time tracks. Personally designed tracks can be discussed with your advisor at the Group Advising Session, during the one on one break out sessions.
- Courses listed in HRI that are BOLD are designated as distance-learning only; those courses that are BOLD and are not HRI prefixes may be taken either on-campus or via distance-learning.
- This scheduling arrangement is contingent upon sufficient class sizes and freedom of class cancellations.
- The following courses are also required for graduation and may be taken any semester they are available and fit into the student’s schedule. They are listed on the Program Course tracks above; when they are suggested to be enrolled. These courses are: SDV 101 (for Culinary & Pastry Arts), ENG 111, HLT 100, MTH 120, Humanities/Fine Arts Elective, and Social/Behavioral Science Elective.
- Students who place into developmental courses are required to complete those courses prior to entry into the HRI programs. These courses include: BSK 41, ENF 1, ENF 2, BSK 1, MTE 1, and MTE 2.
- Uniforms and Toolkits are required for HRI courses and the SDV 101 course.
- Permission numbers are required for ALL HRI, SDV 101, and HLT 100 courses; must see advisor for department consent.
- The courses listed with the * are to designate the courses that are different between the three degree specializations.