The Center for Teacher Education is a regional partnership of J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, John Tyler Community College, Educate VA and the Community College Workforce Alliance (CCWA) offering meaningful professional development opportunities for the PreK-12 workforce. The Center works collaboratively with schools and divisions when designing customized professional development opportunities.
Professional development offerings include a variety of options for schools and districts in the Richmond area and beyond:
- Courses in content areas and education which count for teacher licensure renewal through J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- Continuing education courses, mini-courses and modules
- A variety of distance learning options
- Training for all classifications of support staff
- Education for para-professionals
- Needs based professional development and training