As a college student, it is important that you are comfortable with the technology available to help you communicate with your professors, complete your assignments, and succeed with your academics. Occasionally, you may run into an issue and require assistance.
Reynolds Tech Support can assist with the following services:
- Free Student Software
- Printing at Reynolds
- Configuring VCCS Student Email Accounts on Mobile Devices
- Student Computing Initiative
- Mobile Device Checkout Service
Login Help Articles
Commonly Used Applications
- Student Information System (SIS) - used for course registration, transcript evaluation, etc.
- Gmail - used for official email communication with faculty, staff and other students
- Blackboard - used for completing assignments, viewing course grades, etc.
Click on the video to view Blackboard instructional topics.
(*This video is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer)
To ensure that your Internet browser is fully compatible with Blackboard, you should click the image links to identify your browser version and check for any missing or outdated plugins.
Browser Version Identifier Browser Plugin and Setting Checker
On August 1, 2017, Blackboard Mobile Learn was removed from all mobile device app stores. Support for Blackboard Mobile Learn ended on August 31, 2017. Students that want to continue to view their Blackboard course content on their mobile devices will need to download the new Blackboard app . Android: iPhone/iPad:
Click on an image link to download the software to your computer.
Available to students each semester that are actively enrolled in an ITD, ITE, ITN, ITP or CSC course. Choose from a vast library of Microsoft software such as Visio and Server 2016.
Available to all currently employed faculty and staff and currently enrolled students each semester to create and edit files using programs from the Microsoft Office suite.
- The flowchart procedure for students to download/install Office 365 can be found here.
- The flowchart procedure for faculty and staff to download/install Office 365 can be found here.
- The current hardware and software requirements for installing Office 365 on a Windows or a Mac computer can be found here.
VCCS (Virginia Community College System) is now providing up to 1 terabyte (TB) of storage for students to store documents using the Microsoft OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Office Online services through the Student Advantage Portal. To learn more about this service, please click the link below view the official documentation.
OneDrive and Office Online Guide
Available to all currently employed faculty and staff and currently enrolled students to harden Windows and Mac computer systems against the threat of viruses and other malware.
Reynolds Community College has switched printing systems -- from Equitrac to PaperCut. The new system will allow students to use their MyReynolds student accounts or customized guest accounts to load funds as necessary in order to print documents and website information in both black and white, and color.
Another benefit of PaperCut is that students can use their personal computers or mobile devices to access their accounts and send documents to the print queue at any time, without having to physically be in one of the campus libraries. Students can then print out their documents from the library at their convenience.
To view the guide for using the new PaperCut printing system, go to http://library.reynolds.edu/printing.
Students can access their email account from their mobile device so that they can stay in touch with Reynolds faculty, staff and other students. An instruction guide is provided here that will show general step-by-step instructions for configuring a VCCS student email account using a standard mail app on any mobile device.
Students are strongly encouraged to purchase a personally-owned computer or use a computer in one of the campus Computer Labs/Libraries to foster academic growth at Reynolds Community College.
Recommended Specifications for Adequate Performance on a Personally-Owned Computer:
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium or greater, or Mac OS X 10.8 or greater
- Memory: At least 4 GB (gigabytes) of RAM
- Networking: An Ethernet port and Wi-Fi capability
- Processor: 2.2 GHz (gigahertz) processor or greater
- Display: 1280 x 1084 resolution or greater
- Hard Drive: At least 320 GB of free space; can be supplemented with a thumb drive that has at least 8 GB of free space
- Optical Drive: DVD-R or DVD+R with at least 8x disc write speed
- Security: Firewall-enabled with some type of antivirus software installed
- Software: Microsoft Office 2007 or later and Adobe Acrobat Reader (to view PDF files)
- Other: At least 1 or 2 USB ports
Academic pricing discounts are available on major computer/tablet brands including:
- To make a purchase through Apple, click here. Note: You must login with an existing Apple ID or create a new one.
- To make a purchase through Best Buy, click here.
- To make a purchase through Dell [University], click here.
- To make a purchase through the Microsoft Education Store, click here.
Students can now check out mobile devices, such as laptops and tablets, from any of the three campus libraries for up to four hours. Devices that can be checked out (at no cost to students) include:
- Dell Inspiron 7000 series 2-in-1 notebook running Windows 10
- HP Chromebook
- Apple iPad Air 2
Note: The Parham Road and Downtown Campus libraries both have five (5) of each device available for checkout. The Goochland Campus library has two (2) of each device available for checkout.
Information Technology Student Acceptable Use Agreement
The VCCS and Reynolds Information Technology Student Acceptable Use Agreement covers the college's policies regarding ethical behavior concerning the use of computers and technology on campus. The language of this agreement is included in the Policies and Procedures section in the College Catalog: http://www.reynolds.edu/_onlinecatalog/current/catalog.pdf.
Recommended Practices for Cyber Safety
Top Ten Safe Computing Tips, from MIT