New Student Orientation
Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR)
Welcome to Reynolds!
Your educational journey starts with the New Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) process. This 3-step approach prepares you for fall semester. Students should:
1. View Online Orientation. At the end of online Orientation, you will be able to schedule an on-campus orientation, called SOAR.
2. Attend SOAR at the Parham Road Campus (PRC), Downtown Campus (DTC) or Goochland Campus (GC). SOAR sessions last approximately 3-4 hours.
3. Attend Jump Start the week before fall classes start so you can take a campus tour, get your Student ID, and obtain your parking permit.
At on-campus SOAR, which is the second step in our 3-step Orientation process, you will:
- Learn how to navigate your Student Center
- Have your placement test results interpreted
- Receive a recommended set of classes from an advisor
- Create a fall schedule
- Learn about Reynolds resources and policies
Before you attend on-campus SOAR:
- Apply to the College.
- Set up your username and password, including the required security questions, in MyREYNOLDS.
- Study for and take your placement tests.
- Send official transcripts to the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
- Complete online orientation.
- If you do not have one, obtain a photo ID, which is necessary for placement testing and some MyReynolds password re-sets. A valid state drivers license or state-issued ID is acceptable. Other forms of government issued IDs are acceptable, such as a current passport.
Online Orientation Instructions
Students may register for on-campus SOAR after completing the online Orientation.
When you enter the online Orientation site for the first time, using the link above, follow these steps:
- Click register and complete the registration form.
- Enter you student ID number. This is the 7-digit number you received after you applied to the college.
- You will be at your dashboard. You can start viewing the online orientation from here.
- Watch the videos, read each section, and take the quizzes.
- When you complete online Orientation, it will send a certificate of completion to your e-mail inbox. Be prepared to show this certificate of completion at the check-in table for on-campus soar. You may print it out or show it to us on your phone.
- Register for an on-campus SOAR date at the end of online orientation.
For your planning purposes, the dates for SOAR are listed below. You must register to attend a session, which you can do at the end of the online orientation. On the registration page, if a session is not listed, it means that the session is closed and you need to choose another date. You should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the program to check-in. Bring your SOAR confirmation, your online-SOAR certificate of completion, your government issued photo ID and Student ID number with you.
Welcome Program Starts at posted time.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior for
the check-in process.
|June 17||PRC||9 a.m.|
|June 17||PRC||2 p.m.|
|June 24||DTC||9 a.m.|
|June 24||DTC||2 p.m.|
|July 8||PRC||9 a.m.|
|July 8||PRC||9 a.m. Veterans Session**|
|July 8||PRC||2 p.m.|
|July 8||PRC||2 p.m. Veterans Session**|
|July 12||PRC||6 p.m.|
|July 15||PRC||9 a.m.|
|July 15||PRC||2 p.m.|
|July 18||GC*||4 p.m.|
|July 19||PRC||6 p.m.|
|July 22||DTC||9 a.m.|
|July 22||DTC||2 p.m.|
|July 26||PRC||6 p.m.|
|July 27||GC*||4 p.m.|
|July 29||PRC||9 a.m.|
|July 29||PRC||2 p.m.|
|August 2||PRC||6 p.m.|
|August 5||DTC||9 a.m.|
|August 5||DTC||9 a.m. Veterans session**|
|August 5||DTC||2 p.m.|
|August 5||DTC||2 p.m. Veterans session**|
|August 9||DTC||6 p.m.|
|August 9||DTC||6 p.m. Veterans session**|
|August 12||DTC||9 a.m.|
|August 12||DTC||2 p.m.|
*Students who attend a Goochland session should be in one of the following programs: Automotive Technology, Diesel Mechanics Technology, Floral Design, Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Technology, Sustainable Agriculture, Welding.
**These sessions are for students receiving military education benefits.
Check-in Table Locations:
Parham Road Campus (PRC): Massey Library Technology Center main lobby
Downtown Campus (DTC): 1st floor main lobby
Goochland Campus (GC): Main lobby
Check-in Table Times:
Tuesday evenings: 5:15 p.m. - 5:55 p.m.
Friday Mornings: 8:15 a.m. - 8:55 a.m.
Friday Afternoons: 1:15 p.m. - 1:55 p.m.
Goochland sessions: 3:30 p.m. - 3:55 p.m.
At check-in, we will verify your program of interest (such as Nursing, Engineering, or Paralegal Studies), you will be given an information packet, and you will check your username and password in MyReynolds.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you at SOAR!