New Student Orientation
Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR)
Welcome to Reynolds Community College!
We want to help you get started by providing important information to guide you from the application process to attending your first class.
If you have not applied to Reynolds, get started here.
If you need to apply for financial aid, follow the steps listed on this page.
Students new to Reynolds can watch our online orientation. You will learn valuable information about academic programs, types of degrees, placement testing, financial aid, academic advising, and more.
Directions for online orientation
View the New Student Online Orientation by setting up a Go2Reynolds account here. The Go2Reynolds account is different from your MyReynolds account so you will not use your MyReynolds username and password for Go2Reynolds. You will create a new username and password for the Go2Reynolds account. For Go2Reynolds:
- Click on Create Account
- Enter the required information
- Create your own password
- Keep track of your username and password. You will use it again in your SDV 100 course and if you take a Reynolds Online class.
- Choose the video titled, Required New Student Orientation. In it, you will learn about different degree options at Reynolds, campus resources such as tutoring, important information about financial aid, and getting involved in campus life.
- You can return to this account to view all of the video options on the student dashboard, including videos on how to succeed in college. These Student Success videos cover topics such as, How to Reduce Test Anxiety, Study Tips & Note Taking Strategies, The Difference Between High School & College, How to Overcome Math Anxiety, Overcoming Procrastination, Setting and Accomplishing Realistic Goals, and many others.
See an academic advisor
- Students with 0-15 credits, should go to one of our Enrollment Services Offices, unless you are in Culinary Arts, EMS, or Engineering. Please see your faculty advisor listed on your Student Center if you are in one of these programs.
If you have questions, please contact New Student Orientation at email@example.com.