Reynolds Testing Centers provide a proctored testing environment for placement tests, distance courses, program entry, certification, and the like.
The Testing Centers will not be open on the Saturdays in weeks that Reynolds observes a national holiday.
The college will close at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25th, 2015 for Fall Break. We will re-open on Monday, November 30th, 2015 with normal hours. Hours for Wednesday, November 25 are:
- Make-Up and Distance Learning seating times are from 9:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
- Students must arrive at 9:00 a.m. for all other types of tests, including placement tests.
To accommodate the increased demand in testing services on Saturdays during midterms and finals, both the Downtown Campus and Parham Road Testing Centers will be open on the following Saturdays: December 5, and December 19. Otherwise, normal testing dates will be followed with the Downtown Campus open on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and the Parham Road Campus open on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month. Distance Education students must bring a current test ticket. The Testing Centers cannot print tickets for students.
Reminders for Testing:
- A picture ID is required
- The test proctors will not serve students whose behavior is unprofessional or who refuse to follow directions
- No children are permitted in the Testing Center during testing sessions. Per College policy, no children under 14 can be left unsupervised anywhere in the building.
- No food or drink, cell phones, Bluetooths, PDAs, jump/flash/thumb drives or IPods, backpacks, purses, or other non-testing material allowed in the testing area
- If you are taking the Virginia Placement Test, it is strongly encouraged you review your math, reading, and writing skills by using the VPT-English study guide and the VPT-Math study guide. These tests determine whether you place into college level courses and may impact how quickly you progress through your program.
- Distance students must bring a current test ticket in order to be seated. Students who do not have a test ticket will be directed to a campus computer lab or library to print one out, thereby losing their place in line. At the Parham Road Campus, there is not an available computer lab or library during Saturday testing hours. Testing Center computers cannot be used to print test tickets.
- Please note that the College has a pay-to-print system. If you do not have a Reynolds Equitrac Print Card, you will need to purchase one to print. This process is cash only. You will need a minimum of two American one-dollar bills. The Equitrac Pay Stations are located in the Academic Computer Labs and the libraries on each campus. Students must present their Reynolds student ID to use the Academic Computer Lab. Information about the printing process can be found on the library website.
- Testing is done on a walk-in basis at the Downtown and Parham Road Campus Testing Centers.
- Check the testing center hours. Testing hours are limited on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Due to the high volume of testing, especially on Saturdays and during finals, midterms, and summer placement testing, there can be a wait before students are seated. Students are encouraged to arrive to the Testing Centers early during these busy times.
- For students taking the FLATS (Foreign Language Achievement Test), follow these directions.