Code of Ethics
These values serve as a guide for the members of the Reynolds community when ethical issues arise.
- We are committed to learning environments that foster academic integrity.
- We will be good stewards of our resources and make effective and efficient use of them, thereby ensuring accountability to the state and to the communities we serve.
- We will maintain the confidentiality and security of information entrusted to us and share information only when authorized or required by law to do so.
- We will not accept any gift, favor, loan, service, business or professional opportunity from anyone knowing (or when it should be known) that it is offered in order to improperly influence the performance of our public duties. We will avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- We will offer good faith and fair dealings to all those we serve and to each other. Our communications will be civil and professional.
J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College is an equal opportunity institution providing educational and employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities. Reynolds does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, family medical history or genetic information, military service or veteran status, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, or any other non-merit based factor. The college also prohibits sexual misconduct including sexual violence or harassment.